Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moment of Realization

Yesterday I found out that some of my former coworkers lost their jobs last week due to market attrition in the mortgage industry. One of them was my former boss. As I sat there thinking about the current market I am in and my past situation at that company, I realized soemthing. Last week would have been the day I lost my job too if I was still there. Reason I say that is because some of the top dogs there had a problem with me, and if they let my former boss go - there was no way they would have kept me. I found myself thankful that I am still employed although in the mortgage market as 36,000 people have lost their jobs in my industry since Jan1. And that number will be over 45,000 before the end of the year. I hope that all of you are able to land on your feet and yoru families do not experience hardship as a result of all this.

Au revoir mes amis!

No comments: