Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We got Brazilled

Ah yes, some of you were wondering if I would post about the Brazil vs US game from Sunday. Who am I kidding - almost nobody reads this site. But since my Michael Bradley was playing - did you really expect me not to post? Just be thankful I can only get the Erevidisie Highlights instead of the full matches or else I would give you weekly commentary there as well.

So I decided to do a couple of things. First I wanted to give praise to my favorite FOOTBALLER (that was for some of you) by some pics - do you feel the need for me to share yet? ;)

Photo Gallery 1 - Tackling Kaka...I mean tackling the ball. :)



Why you picking on the little guy? Oh that's right - cuz he's got mad skillz!!!



Oh - did Bradley just dump the best player in the world to the pitch?!?!? Atta boy!




Ok so there was my short love affair with Michael Bradley. In reality - HE WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I had an earlier post where I said he will take a year or two to mature and develop - but crap. If he starts playing like he did on Sunday - that year estimate just went down to like 6 months. It is clear the Dutch system is doing well by him as he is becoming one of the best central midfielders the US has ever had. Ok yes I know I am jumping the gun as some of you may think because he had ONE great game. But the talent and the knowledge base is there. i think he learned from the Sweden game and when Pablo comes back - i think the duo will pair well together.

All in all while the sports writers praised him gloriously, they still gave him like a semi low score - which i think they were scoring based on the play of the individual Brazilians talent not on how the US paired against each other. In my book - he had a 9.5. He had one bad pass and he made an error in judgement in the 85 minute. But you know what? He worked his a$$ off for that whole game and he was at least one of a couple that was trying to stop the darn play when he pulled down the Brazilian. So I don't really fault him for that. he knew when he messed up to - so it all comes back to learning lessons. I still can't believe this kid is 20. I can't wait to see how he plays in the next World Cup. Because we are going to need a player like him by that time.

But in the end it was 4-2 Brazil. Now the rest of us sometimes like to play the what if game and well IF the referee hadn't done his bit it could have been 2-2 or 3-2 US. So realistically this is the score of the game IMO...

Brazil - 2
US - 2
Referee - 3

No comments: