Friday, March 14, 2008

US U-23

Beat Panama 1-0 yesterday to go 1-0-1 in their group. Now they need to win or tie Honduras to advance. Their performance yesterday was quite uninspiring and they won because they got a PK. Good job on the strike Freddy Adu! Personally I thought there was just a little too much flopping going on by our boys and not enough penetration into the box. But what do I know.......except if you can't put Cuba and Panama away - how they hell do you expect to compete with EUROPE when you get to the big dance!

And in case you haven't heard - 7 members of the Cuban U-23 team defected a few days ago. Since the teams are only allowed 18 players, and one was serving a suspension from the US game - that knocked the team down to playing with 10 men for the match.....they gave t a good effort but ultimately lost 2-0 to Honduras.

As to me...I played my first outdoor match in about 4 months. And I was awful. It was like I was back in 1st grade or something. Guess it was lucky for me I was not playing like that on a national team. LOL

No comments: