Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The DL.....that's The Down Load

Goodness gracious! A lot has happened in the past few weeks. We began our adventure by making sure the house was clean - cause I like to come home to a clean house. The fluffy bunnies had 2 litter boxes a piece and 2 feeder systems to make sure they could get by. All the doors were shut and propped open to ensure no kitties got locked behind anything (I did that once and Bagheera was stuck in a bathroom for 7 days - I felt like the worst mom).


Our drive to Colorado was easy - no weather except for some wind in various places. Beautiful sky and the cops weren't interested in us. :) Actually we went long stretches without seeing some. It was so great to see family and friends. The bridal shower was a good time and great snacky food. I had a lot of people there which made me feel loved. We had two little kids there and they both were amazingly well behaved. Tony was quite the hit with our niece Renya and she even popped off a "Tony" before he left. He's going to be a really good dad. It gave Angie and Rob a small breather of knowing she was ok and they could chat a little bit. We of course found them at one time in the bathroom with buckets and running water saying"buckets & splash". LOL I thinkt he cleanup was 4 towels all soaking up the water on the bathroom floor - LOL.


My bachelorette party - night on the college town of Ft Collins was fun. Me and 3 girls. I definitely was having quite the girl rowdy night for sure since I don't remember the last time I had a full out one of those. One of the bars we went to was called the drunken monkey and the bar stools were actually swings. The kind that you see in the country where it is a flat plank of wood with ropes on the sides going up into a tree. There were a few pictures from that! We got home (to the hotel) and I made good on my promise not to snuggle Staci! LOL


As we were almost to the Lodge we got diverted - and lost many a time - around an accident that apparently involved a rolloever, 3 ejections and a bike rider. We were able to see the wreckage from the Lodge and found out that it did NOT involve anyone inour wedding Party thank goodness and we are pretty sure no one died. I was hoping that would not be a sign of things to come. Luckily it was not. The groom's dinner came and the ambiance was nice and it appeared everyone had a good time. I had one meltdown the night of the wedding - but that was addressed and a resolution to my satisfaction has been agreed to as a result of the catalyst of the meltdown. The day of and I was running through all the paces when I realized - oh no Mr Bill, I forgot to coordinate the timing of the pictures with the flower lady. As a result I have pictures with my flowers and pictures without my flowers - so not the end of the world. She apparently got a speeding ticket trying to get to the Lodge as well -oopies.

My hair was perfect, my makeup was perfect and I didn't wake up with a big boil on my face I had been afraid would happen for years. The dress made me feel like a princess and I definitely felt the most beautiful and put together I have ever felt. The pictures so far are turnign out really well and my brother and his wife said the good pictures turned out "freakishly well" - which means they look great if they think that. here is an example of one and it wasn't even one of the ones off the good cameras.

The clouds got dark and the wind kicked in and my wedding was threatening to turn out not how I had hoped. But the wind only stayed for pictures and the sky broke open and it became blue, warm, and perfect for the ceremony. All the people I had hoped would show up that said they might not did. The flower girls were perfectly adorable in their perfect little dresses. Everyone acted how I hoped they would and in the end i couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and event. There were a few small snafu's but in the end it really didn't matter and I tried to just not make a big deal about them. The only thing I had really wished I could have done was mingle with more people during the groom's dinner and the reception. But you get in this whirl wind of you either have to eat or talk and you are doing an activity and then people are leaving and the DJ is trying to get you back on the dance floor and so I didn't get to spend the socializing time with everyone overall that I had wanted to.

But the views were awesome and it looked like everyone had a great time. The meal was good - even though Tony and I had to send ours back! The mashed potatoes were cold. LOL There were a lot of tears and tearing up - but all happy and joyous. I was so glad I got to see Tony before the wedding for pictures cause I think if I didn't - I would have lost it on the walk towards him and when I was looking at him during the ceremony - which I almost did anyway. The minister the day before had told us to hold hands and pass of my bouquet. When I got there I started to do so and she stopped me - no not yet. SO I stood there and after about 5 minutes I just couldn't take it anymore and realized I was about to lose it and sort of whipped back my bouquet to Staci. If words had been said it was probably pretty obvious it was like "Take this quick!" LOL She grabbed it and immediately I grabbed his hands which seemed to calm me. He smiled at me and later said it was clear "we are holding hands now". The 2 2year old flower girls of course did their X factor bit and started runnign around which was totally adorable.

Steamboat was good - went to the hot springs where I fell and bruised my tailbone. I thik I got a slight concusion too but I am fine now. We had our first Moretnson Classic putt putt contest which Mr Mortenson won - but that's ok, I'm going to sharpen my game and have a come back for next year!

We got home safely and the kitties were fine. Now it is back to the grind - but I will write about that later.

No comments: