Friday, June 08, 2007

My Surgery

Well the good news is that my surgery seemed to be a good thing and when the doctor looked at my achilles and heel he saw the achilles was attached to the scar tissue which was attached to the bone - so he separated that. Apparently there was also a sharp jagged edge on my heel which he believes was also part of the problem so he removed that - along with a chunk of my heel bone. Apparently the docot r was so far happy with the results. He made a few lateral incisions in my achilles and cleaned out my achlles a little bit too and saw some blood which is good because it meant blood vessels were already active. I guess from the conversation Tony had with the doctor he asked if we should do this to the right one. As of right now I haven't ever had the tendonitis in my right one like the left one so I'm not so sure it will be necessary.

I am supposed to start doing some weight bearign on it but it makes me a little nervous to do so. So as a result I am really just hanging out and using my crutches. :) But all in all everything is good and TOny is being a great husband! He always is when I have a problem though. He did say that this time because people knew he was my husband that everyone was willing to talk to him vs when I had the appendectomy. Interesting little things of when you get married I guess.

No comments: