Friday, June 29, 2007

Web Site Gone Wonky

So the good news of the day is that we got our 2nd customer!!!! SO we are now averaging one per month since the redesign of our business plan and web site on the limited advertising $$ we are using. However this is positive - it means a couple people are buying in to our concept.

The crazy thing is the visitor tallies. See graph for what I am talking about.



I knwo it is a little difficult to see, but the green and red on the bottom are the page views and the uniques vistors. The crazy spikes are repeat visitors (apparently). They range from in the 600's to the mid 100's. I don't get how that is but whatever.

Essentially I have 3 components left that I need to resolve in order to get to where I believe we will be accepted by a greater audience and have a higher return rate.

1. Better web site design - which my big brother is graciously helping me get to! Thanks Bro!

2. Online database and player profile management - which is the next step for me to do but I had some help with a developer and I think I am pointed in the right direction to getting that done....only issue is money - but I might be able to make it work.

3. Advertising money - this is actually the easiest. I have several ways to go about advertising and the first and cheapest will probably be email marketing lists to my target audience. I can get them for about $100 per 1000 and with a 1% expected return rate, that can get me the residual advertising $$$ needed to grow the business.

I'm close.......please send more positive karma our way so this will see the potential we need it to.

No comments: