Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Rock Star Meets Soccer Star

Last night Tony and I went to the Sounders / Rapids quarterfinal match of the US Open Cup at Qwest field. Needless to say the Rapids got their a$$es handed to them 5-0 by the Sounders. That's pretty ridiculous since the Sounders are a 1st division team and the Rapids are an MLS team. This is why promotion relegation could be a good thing in the US with respect to sports. For those that don't understand, it's like my Rammies playing a AAA football team and getting spanked by the AAA team in a shutout. Not good. The Rapids didn't even look like they cared the first half which is where the first three goals came from. They still had a chance going into the second half if that retard hadn't committed a stupid foul 5 minutes in, in the middle of the field to get sent off and take the Rapids down to 10 men.

So the highlight of the match however was when Tony noticed Kasey Keller sitting 25 feet away from us in the same section. For those who do not know who Kasey Keller is.....he is a National Team player who was our goalie in the last World Cup. He is a Washington native and UW grad and he of course was wearing a Sounders scarf in support of the home team. He most recently played in Germany but is yet to sign with another team (I asked KK if he had yet). So Tony of course is like...let's leave him alone - we get to be at a game with him and see him from afar and all that. LOL Yeah well little miss star struck rock star over here was having none of that!!!!! So a few minutes before the end of the game we walked over and I got to shake his hand and meet him!!!!!!! (I had to wait about 2 minutes to get his attention cause he was talking but his wife clearly saw I wasn't going away and nudged him a bit. lol) How cool is that???? I got to meet a National Team player!!!!!!!!! He was very gracious and I made sure to take no more than 60 seconds of his time but is that cool or what?!?!?!?!?!? The irony is I already have an autographed picture of him so it was neat to say I actually got to meet him now too!

As to the other things in my life - they are all good. Things seem to be stabilizing quite nicely. :) I'll try to find something to write about soon.

No comments: