Sunday, May 18, 2008

Love Thy Self

So one of the goals I set for myself this year was to go through a bunch of storage boxes in my garage. Basically stuff going back to my years as a wee tot. After cleaning that area I will then be able to clean up our third bedroom- which has simply been named "the storage room" - by moving stuff from that room into the garage. So I tackled step one this weekend, and I got to tell you - some funny stuff I pulled out. And since I was laughing my ass off at my younger self, I felt the need to share some moments with you, so you can have a chuckle as well. I guess it seems I have stayed true to myself all these years. :) Rebecca - I suggest not having any liquid in your mouth for fear you might choke with laughter.

Memory #1 - Letter to Santa

December 12, 1998

Dear Santa Claus,

My name is Athena. I am eleven. I am fine. How are you? Are your reindeer fat?

I want only a few presents this year. I guess I can't think of any. Well I have to do more work.

Merry Christmas

First off - I cannot believe I still believed in Santa Clause at 11.....secondly, who else but my eleven year old self would have asked Santa Claus if his reindeer were fat? And then I can't even think of any presents!!! That is amazingly a rare moment.


Memory #2 - Letter to my mom - somewhere between 3rd grade and 6th grade.

Dear Mommy,

You pray and follow our religion just like you should. You are very religious. You do these things as Mary would. You pray. You also don't stick exactly to our religion and I'm grateful for that, because then we couldn't have fun.

Love,
Your daughter

LMFAO - I can't even imagine what my mom must have thought when she read this!! And I was probably just grinning from ear to ear innocently when I gave it to her! OMG that is good stuff. I only wish I could remember how mommy wasn't sticking to her religion and what it was we did that was so fun! LOL

Aren't kids just little miracles.........

No comments: