Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Life as a Customer Service Rep

Due to the absence of my coworker for maternity leave, I have had to step in and fill her role which is handling all of my company's customer service functions. Let's just say that I hate doing Customer Service.

So far in the past couple of weeks, to name a few things.... I have been:

- yelled at (via email) - because they expected me to jump to a task for them like I was a slave
- spoke down to (because of their lack of understanding)
- been threatened with legal action - he was a judge who couldn't remember he gave his credit card info to someone for an $8.25 transaction,
- and called a liar when it was she who was lying to me and I could prove it.....and of course I did prove it because I am a right fighter. However I gave her a credit because my boss didn't want bad press regardless.

I find it so hard sometimes in these situation to keep my cool and find a way to tactfully dissect the situation to find a resolution. The great thing is though - I am sending almost everything through email. I can resolve a situation in at least half the time it takes when I have to get on the phone with a customer. And it lets me know what I am dealing with before I deal with it. So far I think people are getting the hint. :)

Little do they know they are dealing with the A train...............

No comments: