Friday, November 30, 2007

A step up

There are times in every one's life where they get a leg up in life and feel the climb on the ladder. Today is one of those days. I recently got a title change at work. Now the reality is I didn't get promoted, receive a pay raise, change my job responsibilities or get in charge of actually managing people - although I sort of am by default already. And I really got the title change because my current title and that of the sales guy was the same and the CEO wanted to change mine - fine by me! I'm just being honest here. And there are only 6 people in my company now - so it's not like this is really a big deal.

But it is a big deal to me.

Because once you get a title bump - you get to then try applying for jobs with those kinds of titles. Not that I am going to - but just in case I will need to in the future - I can. It will look much better having that kind of title on my resume attached to the good work I have done - something I think has actually hurt me in my previous job pursuits is my title has not been reflective of all the responsibilities and accomplishments I have done. So what is my new title you ask? now that I have strung you along......

Director of Operations

Yes - Director baby! That's one step below a VP!!!!
:)

No comments: