Friday, November 16, 2007

Then and now....

As most people age - friends sometimes travel their own ways and many you lose touch with. Ironically one of my oldest and dearest friends still likes to talk to me. :) Some of you know the story - some don't, but I will recount it here because it is sort of appropriate. In third grade a new girl with brown hair walked into my classroom the first day of school. I remember telling her that day - we're going to be friends. It wasn't a question - would you be my friend? It was simply a statement of how things were going to be. (Doesn't sound like me at all does it?)

And ironically while her and I are in many ways polar opposites, it has been those opposites that has held us together. I have been lucky enough through the many moves that both her and I have done across the country to still remain friends. And I can't believe we have been friends for over 20 years. In fact, I was lucky enough that she came to see me a month ago while visiting in Seattle (not to mention be my matron of honor and a rock for me during my wedding 6 months ago). To give you a quick then and now stroll down memory lane take a peek...

High School Graduation.....only 12 and a half years ago...but who's counting???
Here we were still kids - living at home.......dreaming of the great adventurous days ahead of us..



A month ago at my house...(I was showing off my China - anyone surprised? LOL)
Here we have our own homes and she has a kid and I have kitties. Quite the change in 12 years of dependence to independence. We still look fabulous though don't we? Just like fine wine baby...just like fine wine!

No comments: