Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Mort is a Boy!!!!

I cannot tell you how big of a relief it is that he is a boy. And the proof was definitive - we had a good shot of the tripod. Now comes the hard part....naming him, figuring out how to decorate the nursery, and of course figuring out whether or not to circumsize. That last one is a doozy.

Here are a couple sneak peaks of the little boy. Crazy to think this is growing inside me. I know I have a baby - but seeing it on the ultrasound again was a bit of a mind warp. I don't know why but I almost expected to see nothing in my belly - although it has been growing. And Mort was quite the active one during the ultrasound - at one point I was like - wasn't his head just over here on this side. The lady laughed and said yes, he is moving quite a bit. Why am I surprised. I fuly expect to have a little soccer player that will be kicking me constantly.

At least Baby Mort is a healthy baby. I guess he has long arms and legs, a nice round head and a chubby belly. They told me 84 percentile for size. Almost makes me a little nervous what he will eventually pop out at since he seems to have been a smidge bigger the whole way. But we aren't thinking about that day yet. I have a lot of days to go.



No comments: