Monday, May 14, 2007

My job in limbo

So we had an interesting conversation with our boss the other day. My bull sh*t meter was of course going off as I was being told this but my head really felt like it was surrounded in a cloud of confusion. I have noticed in the past when I have this sensation it is because usually someone is a step ahead of me in the game and I am either missing something in the picture or I am collecting all the pieces of the puzzle but they just haven't sorted themselves out yet in my head. SO I took the weekend to mull over what I was told. My bullsh*t meter is now of course blinking over into the red at this point.

Essentially my boss said that they are going to get rid of UI (graphics and marketing) and my boss in order to get rid of the salary. They are also going to get rid of some redudant server connections and technology stuff that we don't really "need" to operate and they are going to move us over into this office next door that we will share with two other people. When I say this I mean, they are moving me and the other girl working on the team to this space which has 4 offices and a conference room. Apparently the big man will be our new boss - in a limited capacity. There was talk of a possible sales person.

SO let's get this straight.
  • We are going to get rid of redudnat technologies
  • We will have no marketing/design group to help us with marketing
  • We tried the sales thing before and it didn;t work....why are we trying it again?
  • We are moving out of sight out of mind essentially
  • Our new fearless leader will be wrapped up with the purchase of the new company - and his consulting agreement, and apparently he has a new idea he is working on doing as well........so where is he leading us during all of this?
  • We will have no technology development or technical support in the even tof systems failure. Ok we don't now either but that was a recent change.
  • There still is no business plan
  • My product will still be the red headed step child.

Is it just me or is the writing on the wall??

I really do feel that my boss guilted the ceo into keeping our jobs for a short stint because he felt guilty that I would be getting married and then he was going to cut my job - seeing as it was he that moved me out here. But you know, that is fine - just give me 3 months of severance and let me go collect unemployment. Because I really don't foresee him continuing the product line past August. I mean - seriously.

So as of right now my job is in limbo and because of that I am a bit in limbo. I know exactly what I want to do - but I don't know if I can accomplish it in the timeframe I have. That is the frustrating part. But I guess I will take the next two weeks to see if I can pull something off.

No comments: