Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We leave in a week

WOW!

I can't believe that at this time next week, the car will be getting packed up, we will watch the Champions League Final (cause we are a soccer family :) ) and then we will be hitting the road!!! And in 12 days we will be getting married!

I still have two boxes that have to come in before we can leave however! I have to finish up the slide show still and I have a few other things to do - all minor of course. I haven't even done a run through of my hair yet either! I scheduled the week before we leave apptmts and only have a couple finalizing on the seating arrangements and such.

I find it interesting that people are saying - I'll get to relax soon. I'm not quite sure when that moment is - I have a feeling it will be after we say our I Do's and are doing the receiving line. Cause I don't see how I can relax before that moment. I mean, I don't even know how I want the deck setup for the wedding and won't be able to figure that out until the Rehearsal! I have no idea how to time the music either. How is that relaxing?? The Lodge lady told me my layout of the reception room wouldn't work either because of some kitchen service doors - which I don't remember seeing when I was there but ok. I haven't been able to see where we are doing this event since January, so I am freaking out a little bit. Not that I think I have anything really to freak out about. I mean - the pope isn't showing up. So if something doesn't go right - oh well, I guess that is part of the unique wedding drama right?

The whole wedding thing also has me sitting there looking at the wedding industry and thinking - man some of these people really rip you off. The Chair covers - $3 a chair to rent for 24 hours and yet I think you can BUY chair covers for $7 a chair. The minister - I KNOW I am getting ripped off there - $275 - for about 30 minutes worth of work. The meal - $3 a filet to add the "temperature cooking option". Basically we are paying $3 a steak for the waiter to ask "how would you like your steak cooked?" And then the cook has to keep the steak on the grill longer. But with 55 steaks - HOW IS THAT REALLY HARD since everyone will be either medium rare or medium? I wanted to finagle the Lodge lady on that item - but I was able to get her to get rid of our second option of food - thereby cutting all the plate costs by $10. So basically I save $7 a plate anyway so I felt it was picking a fight. I really just wanted people to be able to drink more booze. :)

I think I am also getting antsy because I am SOOOOOO ready to get away from my job. Not that it is hard, taxing, or anything else for that matter. But the feeling of limbo is not particularly comforting. I am pretty sure i have a job for at least two weeks when I get back and realistically probably a month - so I'm not going to worry about it. But I am glad to get to see people I love and miss and am excited to have a good time.

No comments: